If you are not aware of it, Google quietly released the $15 Ethernet adapter for Chromecast early this month. You can get it from Google devices store for $15.
This guide will show you how to use Ethernet adapter for Chromecast to get best connections for your Chromecast.
Who need Ethernet Adapter for Chromecast?
The Ethernet adapter is a lifesaver for those Chromecast owners:
- Who do not have a wireless router at home.
- Whose wireless signal is poor near the TV.
- Whose wireless signal quality is not good.
- Whose router is configured with AP isolation.
- Who are streaming very high quality 1080p videos with Chromecast. Please follow this guide if you want to stream local media files.
- Who are not satisfied with the WiFi connection quality for their Chromecast.
What are in the box of Ethernet Adapter for Chromecast?
In the box, you can find:
- One Ethernet adapter for Chromecast, which will replace your current power adapter. It is essentially an 850mA power adapter with an Ethernet port.
- One 1-page quick start guide. It illustrates you how to connect Ethernet adapter for Chromecast to Chromecast and the router.
- One 36-page safety, regulatory and warranty information in many languages. You